I don’t like how I’ve been lately. Fucking vulnerable, letting everything get to me & taking everything to heart. Feeling like an open book, & it scares me. I much preferred being closed up, insular & quiet. If you don’t open up to anyone then you can’t let them in, & they can’t get under your skin & toy with your emotions.
On channel 4, it’s making me really fucking emotional. I can’t even begin to comprehend these people & their families strength & dignity. They’re not getting the necessary care, nurses & doctors do amazing jobs but it’s clear there aren’t enough. It’s making me realise just how fucking lucky I was when I was in hospital. (Not that I noticed ‘cause I was off my tits on morphine)
1. They’re all mental.
2. Scottish and Jewish blood down the line on my Mum’s side, don’t know about Dad’s side.
3. We’re all relatively intelligent actually.
4. They all like to drink.
5. They all like to cook.
6. Easy to get on with.
7. Some of the most hospitable & kind people ever.
9. We’re quite a small family.
10. Some only remember they have a son/Grandson around birthdays/Christmas.